Saturday, October 16, 2010

Exercises for Relieving Back Pain

Although today’s topic doesn’t really address the fun side of exercise, it’s one that has been on my mind a lot this week, with my most recent episode of debilitating back pain.

ChiropracticImage via WikipediaThese come upon me from time to time — used to be a lot more frequent a few years ago, but regular chiropractic care and a good exercise regimen has narrowed down my major incidences of pain to about once a year.

This most recent one was probably the worst in several years (which you can see as either good or bad, I suppose).

The worst part of back pain, for me, is how much it affects my everyday life. Little things we take for granted (going to the bathroom, getting into – or out of – the car, putting on pants…) become incredible challenges that sometimes appear insurmountable. After every episode, I approach my back exercises (which sometimes start to seem tedious) with a new determination and appreciation. My favorite and most effective ones can be found in the recommendations on our main website: http://www.newholisticliving.com/painrelief.html (they are inexpensive, and easy to find), or get a good free video and book on reducing back pain quickly and naturally.

But I thought I’d throw a good video out there for you all today (click the link below if the video doesn’t appear). Hopefully this helps some reduce or avoid the kind of back  pain I’ve had to deal with for the past week (thankfully after a few chiropractic visits, and some very limited stretching, it seems to be resolving at last): **

Exercises to Reduce Back Pain : Exercises for Back Pain Relief: The Bird Dog
This basic stretch will relieve lower back pain. Learn how to do the bird dog exercise to ease lower back pain in this free back pain relief video from a fitness expert. Expert: Kristie LaTray Contact: www.fitandfabuloustraining.com Bio: Kristie LaTr…


** (Keep in mind that one should not engage in any exercise without proper preparation, and if you are experiencing severe pain, please use common sense, and consult your doctor or chiropractor before trying any exercise or stretch.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment