Friday, April 22, 2011

I Need to Work Out!

This is a quick and more personal post today.... I've been so busy the past two weeks, I've barely had time to fit in my stretches - let alone get a really good workout! I did manage to do my Core Pilates once this week, but otherwise I've been really slacking. I've noticed I can REALLY tell when I haven't been working out enough - now that I'm so used to regular exercise, my body really complains when I Curso de Instructor de PilatesImage via Wikipediaskip it for too long. Most people I know (and this also used to be me) don't seem to notice, but this is probably because their bodies have been neglected for so long that they just get used to feeling that way....

So I thought I'd post a few signs that you can look out for, to know when you really need to work out - once you get used to noticing the feeling, working out will become more rewarding, as you will realize how much better it makes your body feel.

You probably need to work out if....
  • You're feeling tired and low-energy, for several days in a row
  • Your body seems achy and stiff a lot of the time
  • You feel grouchy or short tempered
  • Your body feels sluggish 
  • Doing simple tasks causes pain and stiffness
  • You are frequently cold or it feels like your body temperature is often low, when other people seem comfortable
(Please note: Some of these symptoms may be signs that you're getting sick - particularly if the onset is sudden - time to load up on Vitamin's C & D, and be sure to get plenty of sleep! But remember that regular exercise also builds the immune system, so once you get into the groove with your workouts, you will likely get sick less often.)

My body right now is saying, get moving!!  So that's what I'm about to do....

What about you?
Enhanced by Zemanta

A Few Fun Ways to Get Moving:
   

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! This is exactly what I have been thinking this week. With the stress of balancing work and classes, I haven't had time to work out or just be active. I decided to try something different and tried a local boxing gym,Biscayne Boxing and Fitness,to relieve the tension and wow, it was a definite stress reliever. I suggest it if you ever want something different!

    ReplyDelete