Thursday, January 9, 2014

Video: Introductory Kundalini Yoga Workout

Most people are familiar with different forms of Hatha yoga, but you may never have tried (or even heard of) Kundalini yoga. This form of yoga is less focused on what you might think of as yoga poses, and more on breathing and meditation, connecting your mind to the physical movements of the body, sometimes with more rapid movements, incorporating more elements of cardiovascular exercise.

I've only been introduced to Kundalini yoga fairly recently, and I absolutely love it! I still do Hatha yoga too, but my Kundalini practice is what keeps me balanced, relaxed, focused, and relieves stress and anxiety. Basically it just makes me happy!

I received several Kundalini yoga DVDs for Christmas, so I will be reviewing those for you as I work through them, but I wanted to share an introductory Kundalini yoga workout with you today. This one is a full-length workout, so be sure you have the time set aside to do the whole thing to reap maximum benefit. If you've never tried Kundalini yoga, it may take some getting used to, but just keep an open mind and follow the instructions, and try not to compare it to other forms of yoga you might have done, but approach it as a new experience and relax into it.

As always, remember to be gentle, listen to your body, and check with your doctor if you're not sure you're in good enough shape to do yoga.

Give it a try, and enjoy this unique form of exercise for mind and body!

Yoga Workout Introduction to Kundalini Yoga
yoga for beginners yoga class


Try More Kundalini Yoga:
   
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment