Saturday, May 5, 2012

Video - Example Of A Typical CrossFit Workout

The first CrossFit video I watched online made me somewhat terrified. It looked sooo hard and fast and hard on the body - and everyone in the video looked incredibly muscular and fit.

But after watching a few more, including this quick example of a typical CrossFit workout, I found myself smiling with excitement - I really wanna try it! Wow, it looks like such an amazing workout, and it's great that you can really get such a good full-body workout in such a short amount of time.

I don't think they mention it in this video, but in one of the others, the trainer was talking about how so many of the exercises in a CrossFit workout are designed to get your body in shape for the everyday movements and tasks that you need to do in your daily life (lifting boxes, reaching up over your head to get something off a shelf, carrying things, etc.), instead of just running on a treadmill for 40 minutes, which really has no useful application for most people. I am all about functional fitness, so this sounds great to me, and seeing how much fun the people are having during this short class is inspiring and exciting.

Check it out, and find a class near you to try it for yourself!

What's a typical CrossFit workout like?
Sample Session

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment